Quantcast

MonoDevelop 2.4.1: Typing double quotes (e.g. ")

MonoDevelop 2.4.1: Typing double quotes (e.g. ")

bert.moorthaemer@gmail.com
H all,

I have installed MonoDevelop on Windows (Windows 7 that is) for the first time (was using vi mainly under UNIX) and I stumbled upon something unexplainable. When I edit source code and I want to enter a string like this:

    Console.WriteLine("Foo")

I don't get a normal double quotes, but I get MS Word like double quotes. e.g. ¨ instead of ". This results that the string constant isn't a string constant at all. I tried to find solutions to get rid of it, but I couldn't find anything ....

Can anybody shine a light on this?

TIA

Bert

Re: MonoDevelop 2.4.1: Typing double quotes (e.g.

Stifu
Just a shot in the dark, but could this be a localization bug?
Are you using MonoDevelop in another language than English?

bert.moorthaemer@gmail.com wrote

Bert

Re: MonoDevelop 2.4.1: Typing double quotes (e.g.

bert.moorthaemer@gmail.com
No, I'm using MonoDevelop in English... But my Regional Settings in Windows are Dutch (except keyboard which is US International)

Cheers

Bert

Re: MonoDevelop 2.4.1: Typing double quotes (e.g.

bert.moorthaemer@gmail.com
OK. I solved it ... it seems a problem for Windows that I have two keyboard layout's (e.g. Dutch and English) for some strange reason Dutch - US International is not the same as English - US International. I have removed my Dutch keyboard settings and now everything is OK

Cheers

Bert