Re: Configuring xbuild on Jenkins server hosted on windows or Linux

Re: Configuring xbuild on Jenkins server hosted on windows or Linux

mridoni
It works mostly the same, I use this same workflow, and the main difficulty lies in the differences between the build environments that can break the build, i.e:

- Linux is case-sensitive, Windows is not, so pay attention to filenames
- If you have always built on Windows, pay attention to "stray" files, needed for the build but not present in your SVN/Git/whatever repository
- If you run external tools during your build, check that they are available on Linux too, and that their arguments (paths, etc.) can work on Linux

In case you have to (and can) work around these, just create a new build configuration, or a different solution file to be used by Jenkins. As a rule, I set up Jenkins to make a fresh checkout of the source tree and build from there, so any incompatibilities can be spotted on the fly.

m.

Hi all,

I would like to configure my Jenkins build server to build my code using xbuild so if my code have something incompatible with mono it should break.

My question is do I need to configure my Jenkins server on Linux only so it use xbuild for Linux to build my code .?

Or

If my Jenkins server is configured on windows and using xbuild for windows it's same as on Linux?

Regards
Nikhil
--
Thanks & Regards