Web Application Localization: MissingManifestResourceException

Web Application Localization: MissingManifestResourceException

Bálint Kardos

i'm porting another Web application to Mono/Linux, which has the
following structure:

I have a class, which handles the resources:

namespace Foo
    public class ResourceItem : System.Web.UI.Page
        private ResourceManager rm;
        private CultureInfo ci;

        public ResourceItem()
            rm = new ResourceManager("FooLocalization",
            ci = Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture;

        public string GetValue(string item)
            return rm.GetString(item, ci);

The user contol is in the MasterPage.

Under Visual Studio 2005 and IIS the above works fine (switches
between the default language and en-US as expected),
under Mono it say:

System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: A resource object
was not found at the specified virtualPath.

  at System.Web.HttpContext.GetLocalResourceObject (System.String
virtualPath, System.String resourceKey,
System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]

  at System.Web.HttpContext.GetLocalResourceObject (System.String
virtualPath, System.String resourceKey) [0x00000]

1) is the name of the resource files wrong?
2) should I place the resource files elsewhere?
3) how can I query "virtualPath" parameter's value?

with regards

Kardos Bálint
Mono-list maillist  -  [hidden email]