Quantcast

installing mono on Centos

gmmo1971
tried this and it's dying as shown:

any clues on how to fix it?

thx!

[root@localhost ~]# yum install mono
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package mono-core.i586 0:1.9.1-2.novell set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libgdiplus0 for package: mono-core
--> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package libgdiplus0.i386 0:1.9-1.rhel4.novell set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libexif.so.9 for package: libgdiplus0
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libexif.so.9 is needed by package libgdiplus0

Re: installing mono on Centos

William Huskey
I use the universal Linux installer, you can't use yum to update, but
it works the first time every time..
http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/archive/1.9.1/linux-installer/2/mono-1.9.1_2-installer.bin

I gave up using Yum after an hour playing with it, since my systems
can not reach the internet once installed, Yum is not that important,
to waste time on.

On 5/19/08, gmmo1971 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> tried this and it's dying as shown:
>
> any clues on how to fix it?
>
> thx!
>

> [root@localhost ~]# yum install mono
> Setting up Install Process
> Setting up repositories
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Parsing package install arguments
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Package mono-core.i586 0:1.9.1-2.novell set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: libgdiplus0 for package: mono-core
> --> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Package libgdiplus0.i386 0:1.9-1.rhel4.novell set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: libexif.so.9 for package: libgdiplus0
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libexif.so.9 is needed by package libgdiplus0

William S. Huskey

UNIX Systems Engineer

Maritime Systems Solutions Division

SAIC

Tel: 425-267-5643

Email: [hidden email]

Re: installing mono on Centos

gmmo1971
Thanks William,

another question, I am new to linux; therefore, how do I install this bin file? Do I need to have some sort of tool or command line?

thx again!

tchau,
Gustavo.

William Huskey wrote